Salary: $45,000 - $65,000 a year + benefits
CA Patriots Foundation (CAPF) is a faith-based 501(c)3 organization established in 2020 to perform part of the function of and to carry out the purposes of Christian Academy; and to support the mission of Christian Academy by seeking and raising funds. We are now seeking a Program Director who can provide the leadership needed to build a strong foundation and take it to the next level of activity.
The Program Director will lead the Foundation’s day-to-day operations, fund development efforts, program design and relationship-building. The ideal candidate is a highly relational, results-driven leader with demonstrated commitment to faith-based
organization leadership, as well as humanitarian causes. The Program Director must have a working knowledge of non-profit management and extensive experience growing and managing development functions. The position reports directly to our Board of Directors and works in close collaboration with our volunteers and donors.
Major Functions & Responsibilities
Leadership, Administration & Operations
- Responsible for leading CAPF in a manner that supports and guides its mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Oversee the recruitment of volunteers, hiring and training of staff.
- Administration of the Foundation’s operations effectively and efficiently.
Program Oversight & Development
- Develop and propose new programs and services in line with the goals and mission of the Foundation in response to the needs of Christian Academy.
- Monitor performance to ensure that program outcomes align with identified goals and needs of Christian Academy.
Fund Development, Marketing & Community Relations
- Work with the Fund Development Plan Committee and the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the Foundation.
- Research and identify funding opportunities from businesses, corporations, private foundations, and other philanthropic organizations.
- Identify and develop constituency to include students, parents, faculty and staff (current and past), alumni, families and friends.
- Develop relationship-building strategies with current and potential donors.
- Increase visibility of the Foundation’s programs, services and volunteer opportunities.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with other professional, social services and religious groups in the community.
Budget & Financial Management
- Collaborate with the Board to prepare a comprehensive annual budget in line with the Foundation’s strategic plan priorities and the efficient use of resources.
- Responsible for the financial condition of CAPF, to include submission and management of its budget and providing financial reports, which accurately reflect the condition of the organization financially on a regular basis.
Mission & Strategy
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Foundation’s programs and mission.
- Ensure that the programs contribute to the Foundation’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for the enhancement of CAPF’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other organizations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 or more years of non-profit management and supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong public speaking ability.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff, board and volunteers.
- Active fundraising experience including previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, attention to details, problem-solving skills and multi-tasking.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Takes initiative and works independently.
- Must have a passion for Christian education.